Re: E28 wheels (M5 -> 535) followed by a question (?)

See comments,

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:24:51 -0500
> From: shane.a.kleinpeter@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: E28 wheels (M5 -> 535) followed by a question (?)
>
> Concerning E28 M5 vs 535i fenders you wrote:
>
> "My point?   My point is that if you put M5 size tires on a 535/528, you're
> going to have to do something to make it work.   Yes, yes, I know I'm a
> great help.   But I still don't get this fender rolling thing (maybe
> someone can explain it to me OFF-LINE)."

Not necissarly, I've never seen this to be the case yet on a E28 of haveing to
roll a/or trim to fit these wheels.

Snip,

> Next time you see an E28 M5, casually stroll up to it and slip your fingers
> under the rear fender and slide your hand back and forth.  You will feel
> that the lip has been bent upwards.

True, but the E28 M5 wheels should work with any E28 @ 16" and <225 tires
without rolling and trimming.  I run 16x8 w/18mm offset wheels with 225/50
with no problems what so ever.  This is on stock 535iS fenders.  Theres plenty
of room even if the wheels were 20mm offset.

Snip

> Makes clearance a non issue for the BBS
> wheels that I am running that previously rubbed during hard cornering.

What offset are the BBS wheels?  I bet this is where the problem of rubbing
comes from.

Take Care,
Russ