Re: Alarm functions

Lane Flynn wrote:

> I have the BMW remote entry system, and its signal to tell you that it works
> is one honk for locked, two honks for double locked/alarmed, and three honks
> for unlocked.  I read something on alt.autos.bmw about the option with the
> factory alarm to have the parking lights flash with or without the horn
> beeping.  I've also seen a new 740il that has the lights flash with a little
> chirping sound.  Is there a way to change the settings on my alarm between
> lights, horn, and whatever else is in there?  Thanks.

Hmmm.  The BMW system on my M3 has two choices:  chirp or silent.  There is
no alternative horn choices.  To switch between chirp and silent, you simply
push and hold both buttons on your remote simultaneously for a few seconds.

> --Lane Flynn
> 94 325is Sharked at last! (but not driven yet-anxious for the morning
> commute :)

You installed it but didn't drive it?  You must be a very patient person or
live where there's a curfew.  ;^)

May your morning drive be dry and clear,

Brian

End of bmw-digest V9 #802