Re: BMWCCA discount(?)

phil et al,

snip....then phil adds:

>Whooooa!  Don't you think maybe a Chapter representative could act as a
>dealer liaison and approach the dealer to discuss a Club discount?  And he
>wouldn't be looking to talk to the "smarmy counterperson".  Do you know
>that anyone has ever asked?  Perhaps you've got a chapter member who's
>bought one or more new BMWs from the dealer, more recently the better.
>Perhaps s/he could explain how the newest weapon in Dealer/Club relations,
>the BMWCCA loyalty program (page 2, January Roundel) and how it could work
>to increase the dealership's new and used sales at NO COST to the dealer.
>If a dealer considers the club as a group, like body shops or independent
>shops, they can usually justify a courtesy 10% discount.  It is then up to
>the club to insure that members don't ask for the discount after the ticket
>is run (they hate that) always show their membership card and feign
>appreciation even if they don't feel it.  Of course often a dealer's
>pricing policy simply means that 10% discount is really still list or
>higher pricing.  That you can't control.
>
>Or you could just complain about something they've never been asked to do.
>
>-Phil Marx    BMWCCA #6021   Exec. VP BMWCCA   Ex-dealership Gen.Mgr.

i add:

here in the motor city chapter we do have a dealer liason.  i assume other
chapters do as well.  at the christmas party (held at a local dealership) we
were given discount cards for that particular dealer.  i have not asked if
they offer CCA discounts yet but as soon as i need parts i will.  fyi, i
believe the discount cards entitled one to 10% off parts or service.  YMMV.

regards,

jack money
motor city chapter
'89iX