Re: BMWCCA discount(?)

Bil Powell asked:
>>Is it  standard procedure or policy for BMW dealers to discount parts to
>>'CCA >>members, or is it just a courtesy given at the discretion of
>>individual >>dealers? I'm just curious, since every time I buy something
>>at my local BMW
>>dealer (no names, but it's the only one in Knoxville, TN) I ask, just in
>>case. Every time the response is the same- a condescending laugh and
>>'eat dirt' look from the smarmy counterperson.

Scott Miller from the land of many dealers responded:
>Bill, dealers are independent businesses.  Discounts are offered at the
>discretion of the individual dealers.  Sounds like you need to establish a
>relationship with a dealer that discounts and ships, or some other
>enthusiast-friendly parts place.  Then your local un-named dealer can eat
>dirt!

Whooooa!  Don't you think maybe a Chapter representative could act as a
dealer liaison and approach the dealer to discuss a Club discount?  And he
wouldn't be looking to talk to the "smarmy counterperson".  Do you know
that anyone has ever asked?  Perhaps you've got a chapter member who's
bought one or more new BMWs from the dealer, more recently the better.
Perhaps s/he could explain how the newest weapon in Dealer/Club relations,
the BMWCCA loyalty program (page 2, January Roundel) and how it could work
to increase the dealership's new and used sales at NO COST to the dealer.
If a dealer considers the club as a group, like body shops or independent
shops, they can usually justify a courtesy 10% discount.  It is then up to
the club to insure that members don't ask for the discount after the ticket
is run (they hate that) always show their membership card and feign
appreciation even if they don't feel it.  Of course often a dealer's
pricing policy simply means that 10% discount is really still list or
higher pricing.  That you can't control.

Or you could just complain about something they've never been asked to do.

- -Phil Marx    BMWCCA #6021   Exec. VP BMWCCA   Ex-dealership Gen.Mgr.