Jim C upgrade and Check Engine Light - Reason Discovered

I too live in CA, and it was cold , whine, whine, whine.  But, for safety
reasons, you should always turn your engine off while fueling.  A car-beque
would really warm up the occupants.

Just a suggestion from someone who may be fueling ext to you.

John Fagerlund
'95 540iA, BMWeee