Jim C upgrade and Check Engine Light - Reason Discovered

After much discussion with persons unnamed, it was brought to my attention
that the reason my check engine light came on (as previously posted) was due
to the fact I took the gas cap off to fill up while leaving the engine
running.  This was done to keep persons inside warm during our little
California chill last week.

Note that the light did not come on until the engine had been turned off,
then restarted.  Today, after driving an additional 500 miles on another
tank of gas, the light went out just as suddenly.  At least I don't have to
visit the dealer.

Consider yourself informed and myself appropriately chastised!

Tim