re: antenna mast E30

Darren sez
>It is COLD here in Maine now, and I have noticed that my antenna mast has
>decided not to work very well. Does anyone have some cold weather tips for
>keeping the antenna "unfrozen,"
>Also, has anyone just replaced the antenna with one of those short but
>flexible antennas? If so, is this an easy change?

after a few years of struggling with my power antenna I finally said
'screw it' and put on one of the black flex antennas (from Z3) and it
is *great*.

You can take the mast off and really clean it out (lots of wd40 etc)
sprayed from the *inside*.. it works really well..

unfortunately any power antenna exposed to salt and grit and dirt and snow
will gum up pretty quick..

if you clean it out real good from the inside (described in the FAQs)
and then keep it lubed and cleaned from the outside it will work all
winter.. just gotta clean it every day or couple of days in the yukky
weather

my vote for anyone living in snow country is ditch the power antenna
and use the z3 one

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i
'74 2002