Re: antenna mast E30

Darren,

I had the same problem on my '87 325is - combination of cold and road
grime from all the salt they use on the roads here. BMW actually makes a
cleaner/lubricator for their power antenna. It's a little flat package,
look sort of like a wet-wipe, that you open on both sides, stick the
antenna through, and rub up and down. I'd buy them in packs of 6 or so,
and keep the open one in a plastic bag to use multiple times. They
worked pretty well, if I recall.

- -- Mike