re: antenna mast E30

Digesters,

It is COLD here in Maine now, and I have noticed that my antenna mast has
decided not to work very well. Does anyone have some cold weather tips for
keeping the antenna "unfrozen," so that it will continue to go up and down.
It is not broken, as it retracts partially, but the temps over the past two
days - highs in the teens with wind chills to -20 deg. seem to have had a
negative effect on it.

Also, has anyone just replaced the antenna with one of those short but
flexible antennas? If so, is this an easy change?

TIA

Darren
89 325is