OH SH*T! My PS Pump

Uh oh,

Walked outside this AM, got in the ol' E28 M5, started her up, backed out
...and the freakin' wheel don't turn.  Muscled it a bit thinking it was
because it was cold (although I know this isn't the problem...creative
wishful thinking) and the car makes a groaning sound.

I was planning on changing the fluid and filter this weekend but now it
looks like I have another problem.  Can someone educate me as to my
options?  What does a new PS pump (or rebuilt one) cost?  Does it sound
like this is the problem?  I've heard you can't evacuate all of the PS
fluid (supposedly a closed system) so what DO you do?

My small non-bubba, non-privileged mind want's to know :^).

Thanks all.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii