Buying a new BMW

> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:02:51 EST
> From: Osbcso@domain.elided
> Subject: Buying a New BMW
>
> After taking my father down to Spartenburg for the M Day USA festivities
> last month, he has now caught the "Bimmer" fever.  He wants a 1999 528i.
>
> I have had two BMWs and never bought new.  Other than shopping local
> dealers, what other means are out there to get a good deal?
>
> I would be willing to drive/fly anywhere on the USA East coast to central to
> pick up the car.
>
> Thanks...Chris Osborne

Chris,

You might try Mark Keneston at DeFouw BMW in Lafayette, IN.
Their phone number is 765-449-2800.  I bought my M3 from them in
March of this year.  I got a good price and was treated extremely well.
I flew into Indianapolis and they sent someone down to the airport to
bring me back to the dealership (about a 45-minute drive if I recall).
The drive home coming down the West Virginia Turnpike was a nice
way to "break-in" the M3, too. <g>  All in all a pleasant experience.

GH Sharp