Re: OBC troubleshooting

I had an identical problem, and it turned out to be a broken blue wire. I
broke around the strut tower.
Check the continuity of the blue wire from the sensor to the connector on
the back of OBC.
Or just run another wire in parallel to check this theory.
My solution was to cut out and bypass the broken portion.
Mike.S
PS. Rant mode on: Before my 325iC, I had a Corado which also had problems
with broken wires. In my 10 Japanese cars I've owned in the past 10 years,
ranging from a cheap Corolla to a magnificent Q45, not once have I had a
wire brake. Arrrrrgh.

>From: James <Gumby_one@domain.elided>
>Subject: OBC troubleshooting
>
> Recently, the OBC temperature function on my 86 325es
>stopped functioning properly. It reads -22F regardless
>of outside temperature.

>  Wiring harness is O.K.

'92 E30 325iC, BMWCCA #159367
http://www.gis.net/~mikest