OBC troubleshooting

 Recently, the OBC temperature function on my 86 325es
stopped functioning properly. It reads -22F regardless
of outside temperature.

 I replaced the temperature sensor but this did not
correct the problem.

 The following conditions exist:

  Wiring harness is O.K.
  Connector at temperature sensor is O.K.
  5.04VDC exists between blue wire and ground.
  Brown wire shows continuity to ground.
  If the OBC is reset by pushing CODE and then
  holding the reset button until diplay flashes, the
  temperature readout will show +20C then count
  down to -30C.

 Could someone please help me diagnose this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

James
86 325es

End of bmw-digest V9 #616