Re: <E36> clutch pedal squeak

So if they replace the master cylinder with the same exact part, it will
eventually start squeeking again when it gets dry.  Yes/no?   I'm due for a
dealer visit  in a week or so and I want to be armed with as much info as
possible.  Thanks.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536

	----------
	FYI
	---Forwarded by Michael Bird/SABRE/US on 11/19/98 01:10PM ---

	Yep - they all do it eventually.  I was told at one point by a
service
	technician that it's the rubber seal on the clutch master cylinder
that
	gets dry and squeaks.  (the seal is right behind the pedal)  the
only way
	to fix it is to replace the master cylinder.  (or hit it with a
blast of
	your favorite spray lube once every couple of weeks)

	-Pete
	'92 325is sharked et al.  (and a chronically squeaky clutch pedal)

	Peter Stickney
	UF College of Dentistry