RE: RE: Short Shifter

This is great - I have stumbled upon some disciples of the BL/SS & ERK
Cult!  I stand corrected - the shifter height is not raised 1" with the ERK
it is raised 5/16", and even that was noticed until you "got used to it".
 Heck I was used to my old long throw sloppy shifter......   Now for some
facts - the Z3 1.9 shift lever that I use HAS THE CORRECT BEND, and is 1/2"
SHORTER than stock, i.e. 13/16 shorter than the BL/SS - you are gonna
notice that difference forever.  Also, even assuming that a slightly
different "angle of attack" to the selector shaft than stock is gonna wreak
havoc, please note that when you lower the pivot point of the shift lever,
you can bend the selector rod anyway you want, and the "angle of attack"
will still be the same as if the rod was straight - the only thing you do
is change the route taken to the selector shaft.  Facts please, and to you
disciples - not offence meant.  And by the way, if anyone wants tips on how
to spend more money than you need to, just send me your VISA number and I
will help you out.

Andy
'84 318i
BL/SS & ERK Heretic