warming up...

With all the talk of engine warm up lately, I thought I'd toss this into
the ring...

Recently had the profile gasket, water pump, thermostat, and radiator cap
recall done on my car.  I've noticed that it takes longer now for the car
to warm up (ie-the temp needle to reach the vertical position).

Anyone know if BMW went to a cooler thermostat in the last couple years?
Can these things be bad out of the box?  Or is the cooling system running
super efficient now that everything has been ripped apart and replaced?

The pump and thermostat had been replaced under warranty about 2yrs and 30k
miles ago because they were leaking/stuck open respectively.

The car seems to run fine; but the reason I ask is that the circumstances
surrounding the gasket replacement job have me questioning things.

TIA
Herman
92 318is 65k