<ALL> Sequential transmission?? and Guinness

Hello All,

First a question...the other day someone posted a message about the next
//M3 and mentioned a "sequential transmission."  Could anyone enlighten me
as to what that is and what it differs from in terms of transmission
nomenclature.

Now, beer...specifically, Guinness.  Guinness actually comes in three
distinct varieties, Draught, Extra Stout, and Foreign Extra.  Each variety
can have as many different tastes as Guinness has breweries under contract.
Stout is the type that spring's forward in your mind's eye when someone says
the magical words "Guinness please."  It is served on tap or in the large
can with the special nitrogen/CO2 booster in the bottom.  It is the classic
pint.  Extra Stout, the traditional recipe, has a slightly higher alcohol
content and gravity as well as stronger flavor but less head.  Foreign Extra
has a strong oaky flavor, even higher gravity and alcohol, and is overall
quite tasty, but could stop the RR crowd dead in their tracks with just a
sip(ooh, I am going to pay for that).   I believe that all three varieties
can be found in the US, but I think Extra Stout is the hardest to come
across.

Take care,
Scott  '87 535i Sharked--Maintained by Sam Adam's Boston Lager
***While it all tastes good, the bottle should never meet the keys.*****

End of bmw-digest V9 #551