RE: <E34> Heater problems

I have already replaced the complete heater valve assembly and water
pump,
and the heat is still coming through! It is starting to really become a
problem
for me, 'cause it's summer around here -- warm air is NOT what I need...

> I have another HVAC problem, though. The thumbwheel temp control
> between the center dash vents no longer controls the mix of heated and
> cool outside air the way it should. How's yours?

I can turn mine to hot or cold, it doesn't make any difference. Wonder
how the
temp control really works. Does it simply complete a circuit to ground
(i.e. full on or full off), or does it actually vary the amount of air
coming through
(i.e. variable potentiomenter thingy)?

Hendrik
'90 M535i 100K miles and goes like a shark...