Re: driving sim games-Best one?

Ken Kloess wrote:

> Sorry to be so late picking up this old thread, but we've had such good
> weather in my (St. Louis) area I hadn't given much thought to (impending
> lack of) wintertime driving fun. So, was there a general consensus on
> the best driving game-whether it be for a PC or dedicated game console
> (Playstation, Nintendo, etc....)?  I seem to recall lots of good talk
> about "Gran Turismo" for Sony playstation.

Yep, the concensus seems to be Gran Tourismo for the Playstation.
And so, that's what I got.  I've been impressed with it, but haven't
played it enough yet to get reasonably good.

> I also read a post a day or
> two ago about an updated controller (Mad Catz w/ dual-shock) that seemed
> to work well.

The dual-shock controllers weren't out yet when I got mine.  I much preferred the V3
design to the Mad Catz.  I have seen adds for a V3 with the shock capability; but I
haven't seen it on shelves yet.

> How about foot pedals?   Do these games support pedals,
> and if so, does anyone have a favorite?

Yes, Gran Tourismo supports foot pedals and the V3 comes with them (so does
Mad Catz).  In fact, I don't understand how you could play the game without
them.  One note though -- the foot pedals provide way too little resistance
to be "realistic" feeling.

Brian