Re: <WOB> Cheap cars

Well, a couple thoughts. For between $2 and $3K you can pick up a descent
1st generation MR2 and have an absolute blast. I highly recommend an '85 as
they handle better than other years.
As far as stolen 325, did you not purchase it just recently? Pity, indeed.
Was insurance involved? Was it stolen from RIT lot? If so, maybe they will
chip in, as their rent-a-cops should be patrolling the lots in theory
rather than hang around the Hess station on Jefferson.
Finally, there's always a job flipping burgers at Ritz (sorry).
Mike.S, a Rochester escapee and RIT grad.

>From: John Planow <JRP7731@domain.elided>
>Subject: <WOB> Cheap cars
>
>In light of the the theft of my recently purchased 325is <insert pity
here> and
>it's continued absence, it's time to find a car to purchase with what little
>money I have left.  I can afford about $2k (okay, MAYBE $3k), and don't
seem to
>be left with a lot of attractive options.  I expect to do some maintenance on
>my own, but, as a college student, would like to keep costs and time required
>to a minimum.
>  My thoughts thus far are mid- to late 80s Jetta GLIs and GTIs.  Any other
>suggestions?

'92 E30 325iC, BMWCCA #159367
http://www.gis.net/~mikest

End of bmw-digest V9 #357