Re: Diesel

Earlier this year I bought an '84 300sd that had been sitting for two years.
I changed the battery, checked to make sure no "little friends" had crawled
into anything vital, and drove the thing away. 160kmiles and going strong.
The car is incredibly smooth, accelerates very well from first (most
mercedes diesel automatics dont start in first gear unles you force them
to), cruises at 90mph with no problem and is incredibly comfortable with
room for 4 people my size (picture an NFL lineman) or five normal size
people. It has one major problem IT'S BIG. The damn thing weighs almost 2
TONS and is not exactly what you would call flickable. Thats why I want a
BMW. I may be sacrificing some longevity, but the fun factor is definitely
worth it

Chris Dinsmore
================================
The eyes may be the windows on the soul
But the word is the doorway to the mind
================================

>This thread reminds me of a friend who thought changing oil in his Diesel
>was low priority. His oil looked like asphalt by the time he would get
>around to changing it, but that motor went 150k miles without a problem
>before he sold the car. Amazing resilience in that motor (a Mercedes).
>
>- -Kevin

Michael Gruby
e-mail: gruby@domain.elided
University of Illinios