RE: Diesel

I am driving a mercedes '87 300D turbo right now with 237kmiles while the
bimmer is getting the door fixed.  The car is fast and shifts so
beautifully, its amazing the way it runs with that many miles.  If anyone
is also interested in buying this car, drop me a line, I'm pretty sure my
dad wants to sell it, he's just using it untill he buys his next daily
driver car.  I'm sure there's not that many interested Mercedes people on
here, but a good diesel is hard to find :).

>This thread reminds me of a friend who thought changing oil in his Diesel
>was low priority. His oil looked like asphalt by the time he would get
>around to changing it, but that motor went 150k miles without a problem
>before he sold the car. Amazing resilience in that motor (a Mercedes).
>
>- -Kevin

Michael Gruby
e-mail: gruby@domain.elided
University of Illinios