Re: BMW vs HONDA

> BTW,  Why does Honda use the name Acura to sell "luxury" cars in the U.S.?
> Pretending to be another company?  such pride.....
>
> Barry Robinson
> LA Chapter
> www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e30/engine/e30_eta_i_head_upgrade.html

Actually, the fact that Honda uses the Acura name for its luxury
line says a lot more about US car buyers than it says about Honda.
Apparently,
we here in the US tend to care more
about that little
emblem on the hood of our car than the car itself.  Looks pretty
evident if you read some of these last posts.

Deepak Munjal
BMW and Honda owner

	I might have to agree....  It's not only Honda who uses two
different line-ups (or the companies).  For example, Honda-Acura,
Toyota-Lexus, and Nissan-Infinity.  It might have something to do with
American car buyers or American laws, or both, or something else becuase
none of the Japanese car manufacturer mentioned above does such in Japan.
(No Lexus, No Acura, No Infinity in Japan.)

	BTW, IMHO, I don't think Honda or any Japanese car manufacturer is
trying to "pretend" to be another company.  It's quite obvious that
Honda-Acura, Toyota-Lexus, Nissan-Infinity are from the same root, and even
when you ask the salesperson, they would (and should) tell you right away.

Jimi