Italian Cars, 3-Wheelers, OBD III (was Lime Rock...) <wob>

Tim L. says, in part:

>Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 00:45:53 EDT
>From: E36MPwrd@domain.elided
>Subject: Lime Rock, Rolling Alpha's, and the Dreaded OBDIII
>
>Some poor guy rolled his Alpha coming down the hill turning onto the
>main straight when his wheel failed.  You can't get far with only three.

I'm pretty sure those Eye-talian cars are Alfas.  An Alpha is the top dog
in the pack, something completely different.

I recall seeing (on TV) M. Schumacher driving nearly all the way around
one of the F1 race tracks on only 3 wheels recently, and he made it look
easy.  And that was an Eye-talian car, too.

>Finally, my afternoon instructor is an engineer working on a project
>related to OBD III.  To quote him, big brother is coming.  It doesn't sound
>pretty.
>With a little luck the first year or two of the E46 M3 the standard should
>still be OBD II.  I can't help but wonder aloud if the Landshark has any
>thoughts on OBD III.
>
>Tim Leithead
>'95 M3, Avus Blue

Hey, Tim, here's your chance for fame and fortune - OK, well at least
Digest fame and probably no fortune.  Introduce this instructor/engineer
fellow to Jim C so the Landshark can get a head start on OBD III.  With
sufficient inside information, maybe we can reduce the lag time between
introduction and neat go-fast software.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid (5th Bimmer)
1970 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe (now long gone), built in the same country as
"Alphas" and Ferraris