Re: 92 e36 oxygen sensor removal

David,

If you have a good 22 mm open end wrench (I got a Facom from Steve D'G)
that isn't too fat, you don't need any special tools.  I sprayed some
penetrating oil on mine an hour or so before removal (Kroil or equivalent),
and then give it a good tug.  On my car, there was enough room, with the
car on jack stands, for about 40 degrees of swing.  Once you break it
loose, it comes out fairly easily.

Don't use a cheap wrench here either, because the O2 nut is easily buggered
up if the wrench slips. A thin wrench allows for better contact with the
sensor = less chance of slipping.

Good Luck,
Rob
93 325i - JC Chip, baby seat