Re: License Frame for E36 (was <E36>M3-I'll post again)

Actually Chip, there are 4 different front "bumper/rubbing strip" styles on
E36 cars.  The ones that fit 316/318/320/323/325/328 bumpers and the ones
that fit M3/M-Technic bumpers (yes they are different).  All of those come
in two finishes: "smooth" and "grainy/rough" finish.

There are many different combinations of license frames, depending on Euro
or US size, and BMW filler pieces.  Check with your dealership and make sure
you examine the piece before paying.

Rob Mudry
BMW CCA #135536
'96 328is, M-Technic front bumper with German front plate.
- --
On: Tue, 25 Aug 1998  I.L. Eberhart wrote...

Chris, I think I saw your first post, didn't you say you were in Chicago? I
could be wrong.
If you are in Chicago, how come we haven't seen you at any of the club
events?
Yes, the frame does exist. Well, let me clarify, to the best of my
knowledge, the front bumper strips are the same throughout the E36 range.
Even if it's not, I know I've seen factory installed license plate frames
that go in place of the blank strip on the bumper, on '95 M3s.

Hope this helps,
- - - Chip