Re: Car Wash

Dana White wrote:

> Scott:
>
> I appreciated your detailed post on car wash issues.  I hadn't thought
> about the defrost wires and the potential damage they could receive from an
> up-down motion.
>
> I do have a "however," though.
>
> However, (there it was!) your description of the dryers "The un-trained or
> under-trained, usually NON-ENGLISH-SPEAKING workers" surprised me.
>
> The part about "non-English-speaking" doesn't seem to add any information
> to your statement, since it probably has nothing to do with the quality of
> their work.

No flames, Dana, I'll just clarify.  If the workers spoke English, or if
I spoke their language, then I could politely ask them not to do any of
the things that might hurt the car, or I could (and would!) show them
how to do it right.  Since there is a language barrier, I can't do
that.  I would have to discuss this, instead, with the English-speaking
supervisors who probably don't think much of "amateurs" like me telling
them, the professionals, how to wash and dry cars.  And the next time
you return to the same car wash, half the staff has turned over, so the
training need is continuous.  I suppose I could go back to school and
improve my Espanol (sorry, I don't know how to post the little squigley
line over the "n"), but it seems like a lot of effort to go to just to
get a better car wash, when I should be washing it myself.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, I don't have anything against people
that don't speak English, it is just frustrating that I can't
communicate important things to them, like how to be nice to Bimmers.

Adios (20% of my Spanish),

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977