Re: Car Wash

David Beatty <dbeatty@domain.elided>  writes:
      Subject: car wash stuff
     I have a new //m roadster (imola red) and would like to keep the
paint,
     etc in good condition as long as possible.

 David -- You're in Raleigh -- I'm just down the road in Winston-Salem.
Drive it down here, I'll wash it for you!  (of course, it takes me about
two days and 300 miles to wash it).   Seriously, use any major brand car
wash, you'll be OK.   Just get it real sudsy and use clean towels. I use
diapers (100% cotton).   Keep the towels/diapers clean!  If you drop it,
toss it and get another!    Same for interior -- just use soap and water to
wipe down plastics and leather.   Use Lexol leather treatment on CLEAN
seats to protect them.   Stay away from that high-priced crap -- that is
just a waste of money.   Avoid expensive products that start with a "Z".
Good old Meguire's wax (#26) is very good.    The secret to keeping the
paint looking good is frequent washing.   That means more than 3 times a
year.

Michael

97 M3
88 M5