Re: CD Changer Prices

Donn York (dyork@domain.elided) wrote:
> The best price I found for a CD changer for a '96-'98 BMW was from a dealer
> in Fort Walton Beach, FL. <www.qualityparts.com>  Their number is
> 850-862-1215.  I don't know if they are legit -- someone e-mailed me their
> info in response to my posting on a similar subject.  Their price is $443
> for the changer and around $81 for the bargain-priced installation bracket.

The phone number is actually 850-863-1215
                                   ^
They are legit--they are an official BMW dealer who just happen to want
to offer BMW parts at low prices over the Internet.  Their web site
specializes in Z3 parts, so all of us Z3 owners are very fond of them,
but they'll sell any BMW part at a similar discount.

They can be frustratingly hard to reach however--I believe they are
still undergoing a major renovation, which may result in you having
to call a couple of times before you get through.

- --Alan
(z3@domain.elided)