<E46> New 3-series

>Hello everyone!  New to the list, already impressed with the wealth of
info.
>Your thoughts on the new 3-Series?
>- -Eric Gerber

	Had two test drives in the 328i now.  I like the way the car looks,
particularly from the front.  I'm in two minds about the interior.  Very
clean-looking, and the build quality seems to be outstanding, but somehow
not as exciting as the E36.  Rear leg room is much improved.  Now the bad
part.....  I don't like the way the car handles.  It's very good, but IMHO
not as tight as the E36.  I also didn't like the steering response.  Seems
as though there is a dead spot when the wheel is centered.   I'll reserve
final judgement until I can try the Sports Package (but I wouldn't buy the
car as is....)

Cheers,

PHR