<E34> Remote Door Locks Confused

Background:
My '90 535 does not reliably lock/unlock the doors.  Sometimes just the drivers door
works, sometimes they lock then immediately unlock on their own, sometimes nothing
happens.  The problem has deteriorated to the point that it never works right.  (Using the
key always works right, however.)

The remote locking/alarm manufacturer tells me its the car because their only signal is
to one wire of the lock control smarts- the theory being if something happens at all the
signal is getting through.  They often repair remotes but my wife's remote works the
same making the chances of that component being the problem quite, um, remote.

I wiggled multiple fuses/relays/black boxes under the hood and under the rear seat
which did actually make it work correctly a couple times but was not a lasting fix.

I did not drill the aftermarket alarm mfg. (American Automotive Security of Miami, FL
(305)-254-0647- Patriot 400 model).  No local retailer/installer is available- I don't know
how it got into my used Minnesota car.  Battery shows 12.5V, 13.5 while car running.

Questions:
	1) Do he symptoms resemble something you have experienced?
	2) Where is the so-called "central locking control" box?
	3) Troubleshooting recommendations?

Thanks,  Dave Turnblom       deturnblom@domain.elided       MN '90 535i 5sp blk/blk

			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you