Re: <E34> Remote Door Locks Confused

Dave Turnblom wrote:

> Background:
> My '90 535 does not reliably lock/unlock the doors.  Sometimes just the drivers door
> works, sometimes they lock then immediately unlock on their own, sometimes nothing
> happens.
>
> Questions:
>         1) Do he symptoms resemble something you have experienced?

Yup... bad General Module.

>         2) Where is the so-called "central locking control" box?

The central locking feature (among many things) is controlled by the same General Module.  On
your 5er, it is underneath the back seat on the driver's side.  There is a fuse box back there
which houses the GM.  Take the cover off and you'll see a long, thin black box with "GM" on the
top.  That's your culprit.

>          3) Troubleshooting recommendations?

Sounds like you've done them all ;)
- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com