re:<E34> Remote Door Locks Confused

>Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:20:23 -0600
>From: Dave Turnblom <DETurnblom@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E34> Remote Door Locks Confused

>Background:
>My '90 535 does not reliably lock/unlock the doors.  Sometimes just
>the drivers
>door
>works, sometimes they lock then immediately unlock on their own,
>sometimes
>nothing
>happens.  The problem has deteriorated to the point that it never
>works right.
>(Using the
>key always works right, however.) <SNIP>

Dave,
When the doors immediately unlock after you have attempted to unlock
them, it is your car telling you that a problem with the central locking
is present.  My car was doing the same thing until I replaced a bad door
lock motor in my passenger front door.  I recorded this procedure and
will post it on my website - time permitting.  Good luck.

Chuck MacWilliam
'92 525i
'85 325e
'90 Chevy Silverado