<brakes> Re: Helium cooled rotors

Hell Bob, I use liquid Helium at work but I'm not adventurous to try it
at a cost of $5 a liter.  Even if you pre-cooled four rotors with liquid
nitrogen (cheaper) and dunk them in liq He to cure they may evaporate at
least 20 liters of nitrogen and possibly 40 liters of helium (lots of
thermal mass there).  At  5 bucks a liter your looking at $200 in helium
and $20 or so for nitrogen.  If I'm charging $80 to do this your bill for
the treatment is $300 plus shipping.

I'm sure your sending good rotors that go for about $200+ so to treat a
set of four your bill is now up to $500!  That's a lot of experimental
brakes guy.  Just not sure this is worth the costs or benefits.

Now the Canadians can just toss them out the back door for a day and get
the same results!
Ston's Uncle Gunter will do the job for beer and those little cocktail
weiners.  Good Luck.

Curt Kiser
Navy Mid-Atlantic Regional Metrology Laboratory - Cryogenic Metrology
Department