Re: silicone brake fluid - long response. Pass if you choose.

-----Original Message-----
From: LtWacko@domain.elided <LtWacko@domain.elided>

> ...So what is the advantage of Silisone brake fluid?
>    It doesn't compress as much as DOT4/3 giving better brake
>       performance and feel.

Glycol fluid is pretty much incompressible.

Somewhere I recall hearing that silicone fluid gets spongy
at higher temperatures.

>    Has a higher boiling point.
>    Great for RACINGand RACING BUDGETS!!

I'm fairly certain they don't use silicone brake fluid for racing.
They will use fancy $70/liter synthetic fluid, but it's not silicone.

Silicone seems to only be used by folks with garage queen
show cars that spend so much on paint jobs that they don't
want to risk spilling glycol fluid on it.  One of the other traits
of silicone brake fluid is that it doesn't harm paint.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner