Re: [alfa] Alfa Youth

> Let me introduce myself. My name is Monty Mathisen and I'm 16 years old.
I'm also behind the wheel of a sleek-looking Milano and my father has a
Gtv6. A few months after I turned 16 I fell in love with my Alfa, and wanted
to get involved. We were already members of AROC but wanted to be involved
locally.
 [stuffdeleted]
>  the support they promised me? What happened to volunteering? I have my
own website. I do a companys website. But this club experience stunk.

> Maybe I should buy a Toyota??

Monty,

Don't be disheartened.  As a rule the politics of your local Alfa club will
rule out any actual interaction with the members,
sad to say.  There are a bunch of great Alfa people but they aren't standing
up in Club meetings, running for president
or going to "breakfasts" or organising the annual Concours.  Those guys are
just dickheads. (please excuse the
language, but that was my experience in Oz anyway).

The guys you want to meet are organising the track days and the "breakfast
runs" (no, no McSplurry after effects, the
hard-n-fast driving at the crack of dawn which is not officially endorsed or
organised by the local Alfa club).  Get to know
those guys and you will meet the Alfisti, not the pointless beaurocrats who
want to control the administration.  Get to know
the quiet guys who own the same car as you, whose fingernails are greasy and
are snoring when at the point when somebody
wants to organise something that is not safety or performance oriented.

The alfa digest is the best Alfa club anyway, so read and enjoy :-)

Yes this is sad, but it is the same whether it is the local Alfa club or the
company you work for.  Your mileage may
vary.

dave.
1983 Jeep Cherokee DL "Gaston"