[alfa] GTV6 DeDion Bushing

I'm planning to upgrade the bushings on my 83 GTV6(owned since new) once I
finish the rebuild of my shift linkage.  I know that to use the the factory
DeDion SZ bearing one must remove the dedion triangle.  I believe that if the
poly style bushing is used that is not necessary.  Is this a correct
assumption?  I am thinking that I can remove the old bearing w/o removiving
the triangle and press the new poly bearing in.  Terry