RE: [alfa] Spider Clutch slaves

Adam wrote:
>.... I fitted the new slave alright, but finally got tired of fiddling >with the one snap-ring that goes on the bleed end of the slave. Does >anybody else leave this off without much in the way of problems?....

Adam,
I just finished replacing the slave cylinder on my spider without the difficulty you experienced. Perhaps you may have received the wrong part, such as from a Fiat or some other model of Alfa. Anyway, I don't see how that snap ring does anything but sit there; the clutch spring and fluid pressure combine to always push the slave cylinder forwards against the rear snap ring. It could never fall out.

Gil
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider