[alfa] Tracing 164 LS Electric mystery

Friends, Romans, Milanese:  I haven't had the chance to be on the Digest much
of late, but now I'm driven to the Collective in search of Wisdom (or a
reasonable facsimile).

The subject is my US 164 LS (auto).  The symptom is that once in a while,
with no predictable pattern I can discern, the directional signals stop working.
This could be minutes or even hours into a drive, and it may not happen at
all for weeks at a time.  When the car is shut down and restarted, things
operate as they should.  Something similar happens with the electric sunroof; most
of the time it works as you'd expect, but once in a while the buttons don't
seem to have any effect until the car is shut down, then restarted.

I don't have a wiring diagram for this car, but if someone has one (or has
licked a similar problem), clues I'm looking for are: are both the directionals
and the sunroof on the same circuit?  Ground?  Do they share a relay?

This car is pretty new to me but I've had decades of experience sleuthing
Alfa electric gremlins, and have found they are usually bad grounds (often in the
tail lamp assembly on the driver's side, a favorite major grounding spot to
go bad), dirty connections, or something like a wrong or burned out lamp on the
circuit fouling up another device.  My mechanic believes there are at least
100 things that could result in the problems that are showing up, but at his
hourly rate, I'd prefer to either fix it myself or narrow down the suspects to
fewer than 10 before turning him loose carte blanche, hence this plea.

If someone has light to shed, I'd appreciate an email response direct as well
as a Digest posting, since I'm not sure how long it will be before I can get
back to regularly reading the Digest.

Thanks, all, and greetings from,

Charlie, in rainy LA, CA, USA
91 Spider