[alfa] 10548 cam timing

It has been so long since I took this apart that I cant remember how the
cam timing goes.  10548 cams with stock 1750 caps, the timing marks do
not line up perfectly.  Is it best to have both marks towards the center
of the engine, advanced I believe, or is the opposite the way to go?  I
have carbs, but otherwise stock engine.  Thanks, Kevin