Re:[alfa] Tracing 164 LS Electric mystery

In AD V9 #1136, Charlie asks about hot and cold running turn signals and
sunroof on his 164LS.

I recall the turn signal issue on our ex-LS, also, Charlie.  It was traced to
a bad/buzzy relay, but I also blew the column switch out with compressed air
and gave it an internal shot of electronics spray cleaner (flashes off very
fast).  Since we do not have the car now, much less the Cardisc CD and muchas
notas from the good old AD and 164 archives, I probably cannot be of too much
help to you.  But I tend to think the two problems may not be related.  I'd
suspect relays, or gummed-up switches.
Come to think about it, the AR Control device is a fairly sophisticated
overseer of many functions on the later 164s, but I can't see any logic in it
monitoring the sunroof position.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA