[alfa] Re: Stebro

At 05:00 AM 1/15/04 +0000, you wrote:
<snip>
I have not seen my Stebro crack. I have seen some of the domestic SS
exhausts crack on hot rods.
Regarding Stebro & recent related comments: I've purchased two 115 Stebro tailpipes and not had any delivery or delay problems or trouble contacting the voice on the other end. When I was considering the second purchase, I spent some time examining the first tailpipe which had been in use several years. I found that there was a tiny crack on the rear of the muffler just above the exiting tailpipe. So when I called Stebro to ask how to resolve the lifetime warranty, the Voice asked if I was capable of removing and getting welded, and if so just get it welded and send the receipt. This was an acceptable solution to me (no problem on the removal, and convenient access to an excellent welding expertise). I ended up faxing the receipt, and the Voice discounted that amount off the second muffler which I had decided to purchase. The weld has worked (good welder!) w/no problems in the years since. I realize this solution would not work for everybody, but it is just a matter of time before the Ansa tailpipe on the Red Berlina fails, and it will be replaced with a Stebro.

//kct, Powell, TN