[alfa] Re: Autodelta 166 on eBay

I am sure the unhappy owner of the 166 on eBay has tried every
possibility of keeping his car here without success and is just trying
to recuperate whatever he can from a sale. He would appear to be
severely out of pocket since I think the starting price was $48K.

TTBOMK a foreign national residing here may bring in a non-compliant car
for a max. of 1 year after which it has to be reexported or broken up.
These Autodeltas have most likely been in the USA around 1 year.

From what I have been told, none of these cars was properly imported
nor properly federalized i.e. they are standard euro models with
Autodelta badges and hot air. Customs may be expected to have a keen
interest in the destination of the Autodelta cars. Caveat emptor!

Nicky