[alfa] RE: Autodelta 166 on eBay

Disclaimer:  This would be illegal, so don't blame me if you get thrown in
jail.  That said, what if you were to buy this vehicle and you also happened
to have a valid title and registration for an Alfa 164 that no longer
existed  ...well, except for maybe the badges and VIN plaque. :)   Risky,
yes, but odds are pretty long in your favor you'd never have a problem, even
if stopped by an officer of the law....

Him:  "What is this thing"
You:  "It's an Alfa Romeo, sir"
Him:  "I didn't know they still made them - I don't see them around any
more"
You:  "They stopped importing them in 1995 officer - I only drive this one
on weekends"
Him:  "Okay, just try to keep it under 140 in the future, okay?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5356&item=
2454280504

So does anyone know what the whole story is with regard to Autodelta?  I'm
guessing customs has got the names of everyone who bought one and they're
following them every step of the way out of the country.  I suppose that
might increase the risk factor a bit from what I've suggested above.

Brad  (Not an automobile import expert, nor do I play one on TV :)