Re: [alfa] Transmission mount removal/replacement

skippatnode wrote:

Others have talked about heating the housing and freezing the mount then
beating it in or out with a hammer.
For the transaxle trunion mounts it's hard to beat using heat to remove the old bushing. These bushings have a thin rubber/plastic skin over the metal shell. You don't have to heat the mount up very much to start to liquify this skin. I can get an old trunion mount out in about 2 or 3 minutes using this technique with a small propane torch.

It's been a while since I've seen a 105 transmission mount... My guess is that this would be no help as I think they have a bare metal shell.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org