[alfa] Re: drawings of SPICA factory tool?

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:59:10 -0500
From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] drawings of SPICA factory tool?

Does anyone have, or know of, a drawing of the Alfa factory tool for setting
the SPICA relay bellcrank stops that is accurate enough for a machinist to
work from?  I believe it's tool A.4.0121.  Any leads appreciated.

Andrew Watry

No, but it is a tool I believe may Spica diehards would like to have. If your machinist can make multiples, sign me up. Anyone else?

//kct, Powell, TN

If worse comes to worse, it should be pretty easy to "recreate" it, there are shop manual pictures as a starting point, (think I have one someplace) and by measuring the dimensions using an actual bell crank you could determine where the contact flats should be. The angles of course, are known.

So getting a clear, large pic.. and hopefully one including more than one view of the tool, a little Trig, and you'll have your dimensions..

Here is a link to a site that may possibly do the drawing. He does have detailed drawings for other tools.

Wow.. a great idea! Sad to hear the owner is no longer with us.. hope someone continues to maintain and develop it. With the scarcity of Alfa tools, it would be great to have a resource like this for those able to make or willing to contract a batch... I didn't even know they had a trailing arm bush pusher.. THAT sure sounds like one I'd like to duplicate!!

Jon
77 Spider