[alfa] Re: Alfa engined Spitfire

Hey, I bought that Morris with the Alfa drivetrain. All the Alfa parts were from a '67 GTV and the Giulia odometer reads about 18,000 miles. The car has been sitting for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if those were original miles. The tranny still has all it's grey paint, the motor is super clean inside. Even the 4 wheel discs worked fine after a quick bleed. I drove the car a bit on my private road just to evaluate it. The suspension is hard as a rock and the thing is pretty nose heavy. So, After some thought, I put the engine and trans in my '63 Sprint and it's a beautiful thing. I just took the rest of the Alfa parts off and unloaded the Morris body on Friday. It went to Seattle. I would like to eventually put the rear axle to work in my 101 Sprint, it also looks and feels like new. At first glance it appears that the axle tubes could be swapped or at least the 101 brackets could be grafted on. The morris had leaf springs so all the suspension brackets were removed from the GTV rear end. It's also a 4.56 versus a 5.12. I felt kind of bad parting the Morris out since someone put a lot of very fine work into it. On the other hand the GTV motor and tranny are so nice they belong in an Alfa.