[alfa] Alfetta driveshaft

Here is a new one for me. My early '76 Alfetta sedan disconnected itself
between the engine and the clutch-transaxle. At the rear end of the front
section of the driveshaft is a spline where the guibo flange fits. Both the
splines on the shaft and the flange splines are gone.
So, I need a new (HA!) front drive shaft and the guibo flange. Those of you
in the know realize that Alfa changed the whole drive shaft design in mid
'76 (why?) so I need the early one.
If you hear a death rattle coming from the driveshaft area of an early
Alfetta sedan - don't ignore it.
APE is looking into the parts problem for starters.
Gee, I could just weld the flange on to the shaft except it may be difficult
in the future to change the center bearing.

Ed Mackey    Las Cruces, NM