[alfa] GTV-6 cabin leaks

For awhile now, my GTV-6 has leaked just a little above the brake pedal--it's a little unsettling, given all the wires in there, but I never could figure out where it was coming from, so I stopped worrying about it. But once last summer in a torrential downpour, and again yesterday, a significant amount of rainwater was coming in near the heater valve, where the shelf piece meets the HVAC box. All I can figure is that it's coming from the cowl vents. Any other thoughts? Do the cowl vents have drains? How do I get to them?

Hopefully my last question for a while,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6