Re: [alfa] Kumho tire opinions

Michael P wrote:

i'm using the ecsta 712 on the milano.  price vs. performance they are a
great deal.  however, to get the performance out of them you have to inflate
them at high pressure; i have them at 37psi.
This was my experience as well. The 712s stuck nicely, wet or dry, but were suicidal if there was even a snowflake on the road. The problem was the need to bump up the PSI to get them to work well. I previously was a big fan of them.

However, they made me question my decsion to install Bilsteins... the ride was quite rough. Now having sampled other tires (at lower PSI) I doubt I will order them again... I don't want to give up the comfort to get the performance.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org